- New Health Officer Selected for Dixie, Levy and Gilchrist Counties
- Florida Department of Health Recognizes Diabetes Awareness Month
- Florida Department of Health Offers Tips for a Safe and Healthy Holiday Season
- Florida Department of Health Issues Daily Update on COVID-19
- Florida Department of Health offers tips for a safe and healthy holiday season
- The Florida Department of Health In Hernando County calls for quit attempts, awareness during Great American Smokout
- Hernando County: Department of Health Warns of Health Risks After Tropical Storm Eta
- WEST CENTRAL FLORIDA COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENTS: HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
- West Central Florida Ryan White Program Requests Response to Survey For Those Living With HIV During COVID-19 Pandemic
Tallahassee, Fla. — The Florida Department of Health recognizes November as Diabetes Awareness Month, a time to raise awareness about diabetes and promote the importance of taking steps to confront diabetes as a critical health issue.Full Story on FloridaHealth.gov
Call 352-540-6800 and choose option 1 if you would like to schedule an appointment for COVID-19 testing.
Protect yourself and your community from COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses such as the common cold and influenza.
Tips to help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19:
Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
The CDC recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people outside of their household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home when you are sick.
Visit FloridaHealthCovid19.gov for more information.COVID-19 Testing Sites In and Near Hernando County (PDF, 144kB)
No events at this time
352-540-6897 or 352-279-3733 after 4PM
|Download the Full List of Reportable Diseases and Conditions|
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals