Reproductive Health and Family Planning
FamilyPlanning includes pregnancy tests, education and community resources. This helps families and individuals plan family size as a way to improve the health of their families. Our staff offers information on abstinence and natural family planning methods as well as providing Depo-Provera, birth control pills, contraceptive film, condoms, diaphragms, Nexplanon, IUDs (Intrauterine Devices) and vasectomy services. Staff members explain each method, benefits and drawbacks. Informed decisions are encouraged
Providing confidential services to Hernando's teens.
- FREE Testing
- FREE Pregnancy Tests
- Emergency Contraceptives
- Abstinence Counseling
- STD Counseling, Testing and Treatment
- HIV Counseling and Testing
For information about our confidential teen services please visit our Teen Services and Resources page.
Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
The National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP) as administered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funds the Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (FBCCEDP). The NBCCEDP was created in response to the Breast and Cervical Cancer Mortality Act of 1990; Public Law 101-354. The FBCCEDP has been awarded funding by the CDC since 1994. The grant is administered through the central office and 16 lead County Health Department (CHD) regional coordinators manage service provision in the counties across the state to assure statewide access. The lead counties are: Brevard, Broward, Duval, Escambia, Gadsden, Hillsborough, Jackson, Leon, Manatee, Miami-Dade, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Putnam, Seminole and Volusia.
Services provided include:
- Breast and cervical cancer screening exams (clinical breast exams, mammograms, and Pap tests) to approximately 5 percent of the at need population as funding allows.
- Diagnostic funds are reserved for women screened through the program.
- Care coordination to all clients with abnormal exams.
- Women screened through the program and diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer are referred to the Florida Medicaid Program for eligibility determination.
Paid breast and cervical cancer treatment through Medicaid for eligible women screened through the program
Every Woman Florida: A Preconception Initiative
The Florida Department of Health and the March of Dimes Florida Chapter have developed the Every Woman Florida website which can be accessed at http://www.everywomanfl.com/. The purpose of this site is to serve as a portal for information for both patients and providers.
All of the materials available on the site are free and are in print-ready format.
- Guidance on integration of preconception health messages by various health care provider types.
- Preconception health checklist and assessment tools for incorporating into the provider risk screening process (evidence-based factors that have demonstrated increase in risk for poor birth outcomes).
- Patient education handouts that address many of the factors identified in the screening tools and provide resources and opportunities for goal-setting to improve patient health status.
- Reproductive health plan sample tools.
- Preconception health resources and links.
Please join us in our efforts to help ensure all babies are given the best chance to be born healthy. We hope you visit our website and review the available materials.