Health Professional Resources
Hernando County Public Health Snapshot
Hernando County Disease Reporting Resources
To report a possible exposure to a rabid animal or an infectious disease, please call our Epidemiology Nurse at 352-540-6897 during our regular office hours of 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM after 4:00 PM please call 352-279-3733.
Please review the Reportable diseases list below and complete the reporting form. Forms can be faxed directly to our Epidemiology Department at 352-688-5067.
- Health Care Practitioner Reporting Guidelines for Reportable Diseases and Conditions in Florida (PDF - 2.11MB)
- Reportable Diseases and Conditions in Florida (PDF - 11.1MB)
- Practitioner Disease Report Form (PDF - 666KB)
- Laboratory Guidelines for Reportable Diseases and Conditions in Florida (PDF-2.52MB)
- Reportable Diseases and Conditions in Florida Laboratory List (PDF-519KB)
- Animal Bite Report (PDF - 208KB)
Health Professional Licensure Information
Disease and Conditions
The Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion is pleased to announce the availability of the Chronic Disease Resources Online Provider Education Modules, convenient continuing education opportunities for physicians, nurses and dietetics professionals.
Alliance for a Healthier Generation
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is a partnership between the American Heart Association and the William J. Clinton Foundation. We have come together to fight one of our nation’s leading health threats – childhood obesity.
this portal provides access to cardiovascular-related materials and sites, including free electronic journals and reference materials such as dictionaries, databases, evidence-based medicine tools, practice guidelines and patient education materials.
Evaluation criteria for selecting a site for inclusion on the Portal was based on the accuracy, the expertise or credentials of the authors, the site's objectivity, currency, and the comprehensiveness of the information presented.