Health Department partners with Pine Brook Pharmacy to offer vaccines to medically vulnerable
March 10, 2020
Brooksville, Fla.— The Florida Department of Health in Hernando County has partnered with Pine Brook Pharmacy to offer vaccines to extremely vulnerable residents of any age. Pinebrook Pharmacy joins national chains CVS, Winn-Dixie, Publix and Wal-Mart offering the vaccine for this priority group in Hernando County.
“It is an honor to be able to offer the vaccine to our medically vulnerable residents here in Hernando County,” Gautam Thakkar, Pharmacist and owner of Pine Brook Pharmacy shared. “Residents may visit our website www.PineBrookPharmacy.com to register.”
Hernando County residents who believe they fall under the extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 priority group should contact their physician to determine eligibility. If eligible, they will need to take a form signed by their physician to their appointment at Pine Brook Pharmacy or other participating pharmacies to receive the vaccine.
For all vaccine clinics, appointments are required. Walkups will not be accommodated.
Appointments are required at each pharmacy location and can be made on the pharmacy’s website. Designated websites for each location include:
- CVS Pharmacywww.CVS.com
- Pine Brook Pharmacywww.PineBrookPharmacy.com
- Publix – https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida
- Walmart– http://www.walmart.com/COVIDvaccine
- Winn-Dixie – https://www.winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
- At this time, the Health Department does NOT administer the COVID-19 vaccine to those persons 64 and younger who have been deemed extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 by their physician.
A full list of COVID-19 vaccine locations for the State of Florida can be found on the DOH website at https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/vaccines/vaccine-locator/